Terms and Conditions - Our Commitment to You.
All our hires are subject to these Terms and conditions:
- You must be 18 years of over unless accompanied by a legal parent or guardian. The legal drinking age in New Zealand is 18 years of age. Proof of age may be required at the winery's.
- The person making the booking is considered to be the hirer and accepts all responsibility for any damage caused to the vehicles by the hirers party and will be charged to repair it.
- Consuming food and drink in the vehicles is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to immediately terminate any and all services to unruly/abusive passengers.
- It is the client’s responsibility to insure their own personal effects and those of any guests. If we find any items after the tour we are happy to return them to you (postage at your cost).
- In the event of unavailability of a preferred car we will endeavor to have the car you prefer for your tour of Waiheke. However should your car of choice not be available we reserve the right to substitute it with one of our other classic cars. Weddings will be given priority of car choice.
- Each vehicle can take no more than four passengers other than the Cadillac Limousines that can take six. This includes children. (As these are old vehicles they are not quite as roomy as the modern vehicles so for your own comfort please consider this when allowing for the number of passengers in your car).
- Only the number of passengers, for which the vehicle has been licensed for, will be carried in any circumstance.
- Damage to our vehicles interior or exterior and any accessories, caused by the hirer or any member of their party will be charged to the hirer at the cost required to rectify such incidence.
- Difficult stains caused by spillage or sickness during the hire period become the sole responsibility of the hirer. Any additional cleaning cost will be charged to the hirer with a minimum charge of $350.00.
- Any costs associated with pursuing costs associated with repairs if required, will be at the cost of the hirer.
- Where seat belts are fitted it shall be the responsibility of the party to ensure they are used.
- It is a legal requirement for children under 7 to be in child restraints. Our cars do not all have seat belts and are not suitable for child restraints so we are unable to take children under the age of 7 years.
- We reserve the right to not drive on roads or driveways we deem inaccessible to our vehicles.
- While Waiheke Classic Tours will use its best endeavors to deliver the product or service advertised, we reserve the right to alter the method of transport, route traveled or winery's or restaurants provided for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to weather, unserviceable vehicles or venues not being available. We reserve the right to substitute any vehicle, wine tasting or lunch or dinner venue with a similar replacement venue.
- Waiheke Classic Tours can give no guarantee of exact times of arrival or departure of any service and will not be liable for failure to make connections to other services.
- Full payment is required upon booking to confirm your booking.
- We do not have facilities to take payments on the day.
- A change in group numbers will require a reqoute. Please contact us.
- We understand circumstances can change so please contact us as soon as you are able should you need to cancel.
- A refund of 100% of the full paid price will be paid if canceled 14 days or more prior to the tour date.
- A refund of 80% of the full paid tour price will be given if canceled 7 days to 14 days prior to the tour date.
- A refund of 50% of the full paid tour price will be given if canceled between 2 days to 7 days prior to the tour date.
- A refund of 20% of the full paid tour price will be given if the booking is canceled within 2 days prior to the tour date.
- Bookings canceled on the tour date or no shows will not be refunded.
- Should the booking be canceled because of Covid related shutdowns or non availability of travel for this reason, a 100% refund will be made.
Time taken over the tour time:
- The hirer expressly agrees to pay immediately, or make arrangements to pay for any extended time periods over the initial tour time, should they cause delays, charged in thirty minute intervals based on a rate of $200.00 per hour.
- I grant permission to Waiheke Classic Tours, their agents, employees or assigns, the irrevocable right to use the photographs taken and/or testimonials of or provided by me as identified below for use in any publication such as advertising, direct mail, brochures, newsletters, and magazines, and to use the photographs on display boards, and to use such photographs in electronic versions of the same publications or on web sites or other electronic form or social media. I also grant permission to Waiheke Classic Tours, their agents, employees or assigns to offer the identified photographs for use or distribution in other publications, electronic or otherwise, without notifying me. To deny photo permissions. Please advise us on the day if you do not want your photos used.
- Due to the age of our cars they may sustain a mechanical malfunction, or accident which may prevent the hire from being completed. In these instances where possible a similar replacement vehicle may be supplied or a substitute vehicle to complete the hire. In the event of being unable to complete the hire a prorater refund of all deposits and fees paid will apply. No further compensation or liability for consequential loss will be accepted by Waiheke Classic Tours.
- We accept no responsibility for any interruptions caused by events beyond our control during the hire period, such as road/traffic conditions, delays or incidents. All attempts will be made to comply with the agreed time frames.
Terms and conditions for Weddings only
- All wedding bookings are subject to our terms and conditions above. Failure to read and understand them does not absolve our right to enforce them.
- Please make sure your driver has all the information; directions, pick up and drop off points, the right entrance to ceremony and reception, as you will want to make a grand entrance. Also ensure that they are aware of any changes, photo locations or stops along the way.
- The car should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure time. This allows for introductions, photographs, last minute checks and seating; it can for instance take as much as 5-10 minutes for the bride and bridal party to be seated.
- Once you have decided on which vehicle/vehicles are required and the time and date are finalized, a quotation will be issued. A a non-refundable 20% deposit per vehicle then becomes due, a booking is not confirmed until the deposit has been received.
- The balance due is to be paid no later than 14 days before the Wedding. We will notify you prior to this date. Should the balance not be paid by this date the car will be released into general hire and the booking will be canceled.
- Once deposit is received, the vehicle is exclusively booked in for your wedding and will not be hired out for anything else that day ensuring the vehicle is in pristine condition for your big day. Your chauffeur is a professional and will be there to meet, greet and open the doors for you, so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy your big day.
- The hire period of a chauffeur driven vehicle commences upon said vehicle departing our Waiheke address and continues until it has returned, unless otherwise agreed.
- We will only book one wedding per day so with our extensive fleet, a contingency plan so we guarantee to always get you to your wedding on time!
- We provide white ribbon, umbrellas, tissues and a mirror in all our vehicles.
- Our cars are limited to sealed roads only, Due to the nature of the roads and driveways on Waiheke alternative pickup points may be required. Please advise us if you have a challenging driveway.
- We reserve the right not to drive on roads or driveways that may result in damage to our cars or unsafe maneuvering.